How to Use Foot Cream – One body part which you ignore the most are your feet for sure! They are mostly exposed to harsh weather, heat, cold, dust, and dirt. They are one of the essential parts of your life. You walk all the day and help you all chores. If you take care of your skin intensively, then why not your feet! Use a quality moisturizer which is a foot cream. They can effectively help you get smoother and happy feet. Know how to use foot cream for better results! This will help scare away the cracks, dryness, and itchiness of your feet.
The skin around the ankles and toes are thicker if compared to other parts of the body but they tend to get dry sooner. They are the most ignored parts which leave to excessive dryness leading to cracks and intensive dryness. If this keeps on going, it can lead to pains and much more. The market has a solution for this and it is not your regular cream or moisturizer that you use on your body or face, but a foot cream especially for that area. Many people do it in the wrong way. Thus, we bring you ways on how to use foot cream effectively.
Top Selling Foot Cream Brands In India
To make an easy pick, we bring from the shelves! The best creams available for your foot care. They have known brands and have been serving for better care of happy feet. They have ingredients to make those rough ankles soft on feel and smooth on touch. The top 5 brands are as follows:
- Murtela Foot Care Cream Buy @ Rs 99
- Ranbaxy Xerina Foot Cream Buy @ Rs 238 for 50gm.
- Himalaya Herbals Foot Care Cream Buy @ Rs 45 for 20gm.
- Aroma Magic Camphor Ice Foot Cream Buy @ Rs 300 for 200gm.
- Just Herbs Pedisoft Calendula-Peppermint Crack Cure Foot Cream Buy @ Rs 540 or Rs 295
Tips To Choose Cream For Your Feet
An array of creams is available for your every need. Whether you have infections, callous, sores or just dryness, every crème differs in the purpose they serve. We give a small sneak peek into the world for what will suit your need as per the condition.
- Tea Tree & Eucalyptus Oil (For foot odour and bacterial problems)
- Urea (For Fungus and crack issues)
- Neem Oil (For Infection and diseases like athlete’s foot)
- Shea Butter (For Dryness and itchiness)
- Karanja Oil ( For Extra dry feet which are flaky)
Tips On Foot Care For Better Care
Applying a cream can solve problems but to some extents! Thus, it is best to go through some essential tips on foot care for happy feet.
- Wash your feet twice in a day to shun those dust and dirt.
- While you apply cream or oil, be careful about the toes and have extra care. These areas are more prone to develop athlete’s foot and other issues.
- Make sure the oil or cream gets completely penetrated.
- Yellow or discoloured nail are a sign of an issue. It’s better to consult a doctor.
- Apply the cream while the feet are still damp which is within one minute.
- Avoid soaking your feet as far as possible.
- Try a simple pedicure session at home for the toenails. They tend to stick more dirt there.
- Regularly trimming the toenail can help you with better nails.
- Scrubbing or use of pumice stone should be gentle and should not be too rough.
- If you are experiencing blisters, cuts, wounds and corns, be sure you apply the right cream for it & make sure to take extra care to avoid issues later.
- While you apply the cream, it is best to apply like you are having a massage to strengthen the Achilles and heel bone.
- Avoid going barefoot or wearing uncomfortable shoes or even heels.
Steps To Use Foot Cream Effectively For Better Results
Now you can get smoother and softer feet! How? Follow the steps on how to use foot cream and get the desired smoothness and softness you always loved. Here we go!
Prepare Your Feet
The dirt and dust stuck in your feet and toes should be loosening up for better cleansing. Thus, you can opt for any of the two:
- Simple Wash: Use soap and water for cleaning the foot.
- Soak: Drop some Epsom salt which will help relieve the tiring feet. Soak for 15 tp 20 minutes. Do it once in a week. And not more.
Exfoliate (Twice in a week)
Use a home remedy or pick a pumice stone and normal scrub of your choice. Be gentle while you scrub. If you have corns be more careful. Pumice stone are a good alternative for your ankle area but do not go roughly as it can cause the skin to be sensitive.
Pack For Your Foot (Followed by Scrubbing)
Apply a pack of Multani mitti or fuller’s earth which is best. You can also add few elements to it like curd and essential oils. As the feet are already dry in nature, go for packs which are hydrating and moisturising.
Take the foot cream and take a small quantity as per your requirement. Dab few dots on the foot and start to massage in circular motion. While you apply on the ball and heel area, massage along the Achilles especially on the pressure points which are good for blood circulation there.
Prepare For The Night
After 5 minutes of complete good massage, it is time to lock the moisture. We suggest you wear cotton socks before you go to sleep. Use only cotton as it is good for your feet. Wash off the nest morning.
Feet are one of the prominent parts of your body. Take care of them. If you experience any kind of dullness or discoloration in toes, pus due to cut or rash, it is advised to call the doctor for immediate help. I hope the information was helpful to you.